For an international world’s leading producer of high quality materials in its kind, The Finance Department for the Northern European countries has a vacancy for a;
Description of job
The accountant will be responsible for complying with financial-, administrating-, and reporting tasks in order to fulfil the internal and external (legally) dictated requirements. He or she must provide an exact and reliable view of the actual financial and fiscal position of the client’s operating companies.
Specific key result areas are
Reporting to the Head General Ledger, for the designated companies, he or she is responsible for:
- the accounting operations (full scope) and several process cycles.
- the execution of the consolidation and accounting principles under local, the client and IAS guidelines.
- implementation and maintenance of the financial information systems
- periodical financial, sox and tax audits.
- execution of fiscal and treasury policies
- all internal and external financial reporting and analysis requirements: monthly quarterly and yearly actuals, estimates and budgets.
- monitoring the correct accounting process and compliance financial targets, objectives and the relevant control procedures established under the SARBOX scoreboard.
- intermediation with and between other departments (procurement, HR, controlling, treasury, tax) in order to guarantee and streamline accuracy and completeness of the financial process.
- general lead of the accounting department standing in for the Head General Ledger.
Qualifications and experience
Suitable candidates should have:
- a qualification level in accounting: minimum level Graduate Accountancy (bachelor degree).
- excellent English language.
- Good knowledge of Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Belgian statutory requirements is absolutely an add.
Not absolutely necessary but always an add.
- a number of years experience
- Good knowledge of SAP and hyperion
- you have a strong creativity and accuracy
- you show initiatives
- you are able to work independent
- you have good communication skills
- you have a very strong feeling for responsibility and integrity
- you have a clear drive to initiate and finish projects successfully
- you are a people motivator
- you are motivated and are expected to make promotion in the department
Location: South-Limburg (NL)